The Induction stove-top stays cool no matter what. The heating process takes place in the cookware and not in the stove top. This is ideal because you don’t have to worry about you and your kids getting burned. YOU CAN TOUCH THE STOVE TOP WITHOUT GETTING BURNED, (unless your hand is made of iron).
Since induction stove-tops do not use gas, you would not need to worry about gas leaks and risk of getting fire. This is also recommended for people who are physically impaired because of its user- friendliness.
*Many people do not know this that gas cooking releases carbon monoxide, an invisible gas that is very harmful to your health.